Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Fist time posting here and at my wits end. Nowhere on the web or from Audi can I find what the speaker sizes are for my A4. I have a blown front, driver's side lower speaker that's really beginning to test my road-rage dampening ability. I've called the 3 Audi dealerships in town and none know the sizes, just the item #, and none have any in stock to manually measure. They tell me to take the door panel off to measure before I buy. Riiiight. The microwave is a stretch for me at times...

From the internet I'm getting both 4" and 5 1/4" for the front bottom speakers. Does anyone out there know which it is? If not, oh well. My next post will be how well A4's fare as battering rams... :gunsmilie:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine had a 4" drivers down low in the door and a tweeter up higher. I replaced them with a set of mb quart 5.25" splits using speaker adapters. I'd send you my old 4's but i binned them. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Originally posted by dcc236@Nov 3 2005, 04:47 PM
I replaced them with a set of mb quart 5.25" splits using speaker adapters.
Where do you get these adapters? I changed mine a long time ago, and I remember that the mounting plate of the tock speaker was not flat. Does the adapter address that issue. Any info is much appreciated.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Stock fronts are 4" components. You can get 5.25" components in there with an adapter. Two options: have one custom built in MDF by an audio shop (best option) or buy the cheap plastic ones that do not provide a good seal.

Speaker adapters for the A4: http://www.autoleads.co.uk/database/A4.html

After finding what I needed, via email, these people then referred me to a local agent.

Good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Originally posted by swin500@Jan 26 2006, 05:58 PM
Where do you get these adapters? I changed mine a long time ago, and I remember that the mounting plate of the tock speaker was not flat. Does the adapter address that issue. Any info is much appreciated.
you can pretty much count on going to a stereo shop for the adaptation of the new speakers. but really, it will be worth it because those guys do it all day and know how to make things work.
I did it with my truck and while expensive it was worth it.
have fun

·
Registered
1 Posts
just bought my 2000 audi a4...

i just bought my audi a couple of months ago, and among the problems of the car is the speaker system....i really wanna up the output without custom work (dont have the money for it now)....can i replace the 4'' drivers in the base of the front doors with standard 4'' boss speakers?? and does anybody have any other suggestions on improving my sound quality?? thanks for the help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts