Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

My dash Tells me Either
1. How many Miles Per Gallon (MPG)
or
2. How many Miles I have to go to I have to get gas

I don't know how to switch from back and forth, I don't have a manual, but it's on MPG and it keeps changing constintly it wont stay on one thing it will go from like 200 to 42 and to 23 then to 66 not those exact numbers but pretty drastict like that, and then it go to lines likes there is no data like this ( - - -).

Before it would stay on one thing and change slightly depending on how fast I go but it's like flippin out!

Does Any one Know whats wrong?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Check on the end of your wiper control arm. There should be a toggle like switch that allows you to change the function of the computer. It sound like you are in the screen that shows you the MPH you are getting at that point in time. The lines you see inticate that the computer cannot display the results it is calculating. This usually happens when you are at full throttle of totally off the gas. Try scrolling through the screens and see what you can find.
Let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
180 Posts
You are on the actual mpg screen, refreshed every 30 metres of travel, thus it changes alot. It will show 200 when on light throttle going down hill, if you lift off completely it shows ----, because you aint using any fuel. Toggle through the options with the rocker switch at the end of the stalk. Average fuel is the one with the circle with a line through it. If you press the button under the arm it takes it toggles through the following
1 Figures since last journey
2 figures since last reset
off

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
just keep it set on jounery average otherwise its up and down as the post above states

Rickt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts