Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I've recently purchased an Audi A4 and it came with this poorly installed aftermarket module(has button, red+green led, and a rj11 phone connection on it; I have no idea what it is, gps?). It was installed underneath my dash and was plugged into a pair of fuses and followed underneath center console with 3 wires (red+blue+black). I've removed it and I should have wrote down what it was connected to but I really wasn't thinking. what's left I cut from underneath the dash to a wiring bundle of red+blue+black that looks about 18 gauge wrapped in electrical tape, I've tugged on it to try and determine what it is and follow it but can't get very far in there. I believe it must have completed a circuit because I no longer have operating remote trunk, sunroof or power windows. Everything else seems fine. I'm really not sure how else to approach this and I was hoping someone might have some insight on what this set of three wires is actually suppose to connect to. I presume one's ground, one power, and one for whatever completes the circuit to my devices that aren't working. I know I'm reaching here but if anyone has any ideas I'll take what I can get, thanks..!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by speary@Feb 17 2006, 02:37 PM
Have you checked the fuses for the items that are not working
Thanks for the reply, yeah I checked all the fuses...I was hoping it would be something like that as well and easy...I've found some wiring diagrams but they just haven't been helpful at all..I'm thinking I'll just need to take it into the dealership

1 - 3 of 3 Posts