Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a cheap set of wheels/rims to mount snow tires on for my 2005.5 audi a4 3.2Litre.

The dealer quoted me for some replicate wheels that cost about $130 USD per wheel. I wouldn't mind a set of black steel wheels - since i live in NY - and our winters are crap... part of the reason i part the car...

I got a recomendation to buy this directional snow tire - that costs about $80 per tire. he said it owuldn't make as much noise as the blizzak and wouldn't wear out as fast.

any tips?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have Nokian studded tires and love them. They do wear out quick but they're only on from thanksgiving to easter. They're great for the hardpack in the north east. The size you need for the a4 is close to 80 and steel wheels shouldn't be hard to find.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cvap said:
I have Nokian studded tires and love them. They do wear out quick but they're only on from thanksgiving to easter. They're great for the hardpack in the north east. The size you need for the a4 is close to 80 and steel wheels shouldn't be hard to find.
Sounds good - I don't really want a studded tire for now - I spend a lot of time on the highway. I drive about 30k miles per year - come hell or high water - so i really don't want something that will be super noisy or wear out every season... it would be nice to get 2 seasons or 1.5 seasons out of them...

What size steel wheels - someone else said 5x112 bolt pattern?

anyone else got any more measurements or what other cars these could be from?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts