Audi Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

My dealership has just informed me of my warranty expiration (4 years or 45K) and asked if I want an extension. I own a 2002 Allroad with 42k miles and a great service history. So far I have been enjoying zero payments at the service station and no major problems other than occasional alignment issues.

I want to know what the typical service track record of my car is and whether it would be wise to buy the $3700, 6 year extension. Also they have a basic maintenance package for $1202 which cover wear and tear, oil changes, etc - offered at cost for 4 years.

Any advice would be great. I did a search on 'extended warranty' and found only one thread which advised no.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would go for it, as repairs on the allroad are pricey.
It takes 5 hours labor to remove the transmission to change anything @85 an hour, then 5 hours to put it back.
Air shocks are $1300 each to replace.
Does the warranty cover all parts of the suspension and the transmission?
A bargain I think. Nothing on that car is cheap...
Only speaking from a 2001 Allroad standpoint.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The "platinum warranty" covers pretty much everything except wear and tear. From what I could research the service track record for my model year is pretty good. My financial advisor advised me not to bother with the warranty though since the return on that money is greater left in my accounts than drawn towards an insurance policy.

Thanks for the advice though!

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you plan on keeping the Allroad, I think it would be wise to get the extended warranty. If you don't plan on keeping the Allroad for a few more years than maybe not. There are some other forums that do list suspension prob's and oil leak probs that surface on some Allroads around 70-85 K miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Make sure the extended warranty is not through Fidelity.
They suck. Do a google search and you will know why..

I can't believe that the Audi dealership would sell extended warranty by Fidelity.

They should offer some sort of Audi backed extended warranty. I'd pay extra for that instead of Fidelity.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Also - this may or may not be true, but many of the Aftermarket car warranty companies will NOT warranty the Audi Allroad due to it's extensive service problems.
Why did I buy this car used? I guess because I drove it and decided it was worth it. No major problems yet but I am bracing myself for the huge service bill that I know is in my future.
I tried to purchase an extended warranty for my 2004 4.2 Allroad but the two companies I tried wouldn't sell me one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts