Audi Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone of you guy's please help me.
Can anyone tell me where to get the short shift kit for my mates A4 manual kit for it. Is the ones on ebay okay and if so can someone link me to one that will fit please.

BTW My wifes car
It's a 1995 A4/B5 1.8 Non turbo ( 4 speed automatic ) Very slow but not for long.( If I have my way Ha Ha )

Thanks in advance
Addam

Mod's so far
K&N Filter
Air box drilled
Remus Muffler
Chip
G&M springs
Lowered
Just bought some original RS4 rim's (Arriving 1 week)
Also I think I will stick my spoiler on her car Ha Ha Just kidding.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Did the chip make a difference? i was thinking about getting one.

Could try a company called B&M for the shortshifter although i didnt think you could get one for an automatic.

·
Registered
470 Posts
What i thought, whole point is to shorten the distance between each gear on the gate. So would only work on a manual.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've got a 1993 manual Coupe, was thinking of a short-shifter. Any ideas how easy they are to fit? And would I need to change the gaiter and knob?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry guy's
The short shift is for my friends A4 its a manual, I was just posting what I was doing to my wifes car and my mate asked where to get a short shifter for his car.
addam

·
Registered
195 Posts
The best short shifters were from billzcat1 and he custom made them for lots of Audis. I dont think he is still doing the machining but 034motorsport.com sells his kit for the older urS4/S6/4000/5000 or anything with an 016 or 01E transmisssion.

You might try talking with the 034 guys and maybe if you get a group buy they might make this shift kit for the A4 again.

Absolutely the best short shift kit made. Don't know what happened to him. He made brake upgrade brackets too.

www.ecstuning.com sells two short shifter kits also, but they are not designed as well as the billzcat. IMHO

VB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts