Audi Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Guys..

As you know you can set your car (B6) so the doors lock automaticly at 10MPH… Some cars come out of the factory with this feture already added and some don’t… dealer like to charge £50 in the UK to do it.

Below is the steps on how to do it yourself via VAG-COM.

I have just done it on mine and works perfect, also when you turn the engine off the doors unlock.

Go into VAG-and select “Central convenience module” (ITEM #46).

Go to "Recode" and add 32 to the current number. Ie remove the last 2 digits and add 32.

MAKE A NOTE OF THE EXISTING NUMBER IN PALCE JUST IN CASE.

Cheers.

Rickt

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Is this some kind of anti hi jack feature? used in certain countries like South Africa where car jacking is high.
Would the only way of telling if i had it would be to go into vag-com? as i dont have the reader to do that. Can the vag-com tool be bought fairly cheaply and if so where would you recommend. cheers t-sport.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
t-sport

You can buy a ODB-11 (ODB2) cable from ebay for about £10

eBay.co.uk: VAG-COM KKL 409.1 COMPATIBLE OBD 2 II CABLE OBD2 O4 (item 230034203682 end time 05-Oct-06 00:04:09 BST)

and then you can download the shareware app from ROSH_TECH which has enough free fetures to keep you going for clearing codes etc and small changes like this.

I have got version 4.09 and a serial lead as i use it on my old old laptop (which i dont mind throwing around outside)

It well worth it, even for clearing error codes etc...

Please can some one confirm its the ODB-2 cable and the latest software verion???? i have had mind now for 2 years so forgoting extactly.. (t-sport have a read off ROSS-TECH site and you will find all the info you require)

Cheers

Rickt

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
as i said... just have a read through and ROSS-TECH website tells you the lead you need... but im sure its the ODB-2

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
t-sport

i may get it upgraded then!! however i have the serial cable and a usb convertor.... however my old old laptop does not have a USB port.... it would mean using my old work laptop which is still a bit too good for playing in the rain with!! LOL!

Think i will stay with the Serial connection if theres not anything which has changed in the software app which would benefit me,

Cheers

Rickt

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On a right hand drive car.... to the right of the sterring wheel on the lower dash theres a little tray, just below the tray theres a plug (about 2 inch long), if you dont know its there the will of never seen it, best thing to do is open the door anbd get your head right down in the footwell and look up..

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it would be the same as above,

it on the B7 they changed it,.... how just check with it been the cab,

Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,
So, has this got to be done via a laptop plugged into the car?
Who can do it, and how please?
Dave.
I have a A4 B6 May 2005 1.9TDI 130 Sport Avant

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You need vag-com to do this... or go to your Audi garage and they will do it free of charge if you have a 2005 model... upto 3 years its free..

Rickt

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah.. its under 3 years so it should not be an issue... its only a 5 min change...

Rickt

1 - 16 of 16 Posts