Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again. I hope you had a good Christmas.

Stuck in traffic and bored I pressed the dashboard button which displays the amount of time/miles due to next service. It said 8700m or 365 days. I only had the car serviced 2 weeks ago - I read somewhere, I think, that the gauge resets after 1000m after a service, and I haven't done that many yet. Is that the case or shall I phone the dealer?

Thanks

·
Registered
180 Posts
After the display is reset it shows dashes for 500 miles and then decides how many miles to the next service. Mine usually resets at about 13000 miles but it actually runs out at about 16000 miles. 8700 seems a bit low, how hard did you drive after the service ?. You will probably find that is stays at around 8000 for a good few thousand miles.
I think the days reference is the interval to next brake fluid change.

On another point, I have just had my rear anti roll bar replaced under warranty. Apparently there is a design fault with the locating bushes. I dont think Audi has done a recall for this. Its probably worth checking especially if you are getting any noise from the rear of the car

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Hi there --

if you want to reset the Audi Service interval on your car follow the below steps..

due to you stating you thought it the next service was a bit soon i thought if you reset it again it will re-caluclate your next service.. and you can watch it recalulate.. -- in fairness i just wait for it to expire.. then reset it again to stop it from bleeping evertime i turn the car on, and then i after about 2k - 5k service the car and then reset it again,...

As i have said before i tend to service mine every 8 - 10 ishK

Step 1: Turn off engine
Step 2: Turn on ignition while holding button with the wrench
"SERVICE!" will pop up on the display
Step 3: Press the button that clears out the trip counter and the display should be cleared

.cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts