Audi Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys I have an 2003 AUDI A4 3.0, everytime I turn on my car it says SERVICE! My car has 63k, I was wondering what should I do. I am not taking it to the dealer because I dont have the money for any kind of maintenance at this time... what would you do???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Pro just take it down to the dealership and ask them to scan it it might just need to be reset or could be a warning to change the oil. Most of the dealers i know will reset the light or scan the car for free for ya, just ask ahead of time so you don't get a random bill, i mean worst case they charge you 60$ for the scan. In my opinion its better to find out what the light means than to have something go boom! In the world on European cars going boom = A.) BAD B. ) expensive.
GL

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Pro just take it down to the dealership and ask them to scan it it might just need to be reset or could be a warning to change the oil. Most of the dealers i know will reset the light or scan the car for free for ya, just ask ahead of time so you don't get a random bill, i mean worst case they charge you 60$ for the scan. In my opinion its better to find out what the light means than to have something go boom! In the world on European cars going boom = A.) BAD B. ) expensive.
GL
LOL, yea man Im going to give the dealer a call tomorrow to see if they can scan it for me and if theres any charge how much it will actually be. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello guys I have an 2003 AUDI A4 3.0, everytime I turn on my car it says SERVICE! My car has 63k, I was wondering what should I do. I am not taking it to the dealer because I dont have the money for any kind of maintenance at this time... what would you do???
it's a reminder for you to service your car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
LOL, yea man Im going to give the dealer a call tomorrow to see if they can scan it for me and if theres any charge how much it will actually be. Thanks a lot.
FYI, if you have an AutoZone around you they will check any error code for free. I've used them many times.

·
Registered
9 Posts
To reset the SERVICE reminder after oil change, you can do this.

If your instrument cluster has 2 knobs, one on each side (Older A4's, 1998-2004 A6's, TT's up to ~2006):
1. Press the right knob and hold it, turn the ignition on, release the right knob and press the left knob, the display should change to service in ----- miles. Or....

If your instrument cluster has a little wrench on a button on the right (2002-2008 A4's):
Press and hold the wrench button. Turn the ignition on. Without releasing the wrench button, press the 0,0 button next to it. The center display should change. (My 2003 Audi A4 has the wrench button and I was able to reset it this way)

·
Registered
2 Posts
To reset the SERVICE reminder after oil change, you can do this.

If your instrument cluster has 2 knobs, one on each side (Older A4's, 1998-2004 A6's, TT's up to ~2006):
1. Press the right knob and hold it, turn the ignition on, release the right knob and press the left knob, the display should change to service in ----- miles. Or....

If your instrument cluster has a little wrench on a button on the right (2002-2008 A4's):
Press and hold the wrench button. Turn the ignition on. Without releasing the wrench button, press the 0,0 button next to it. The center display should change. (My 2003 Audi A4 has the wrench button and I was able to reset it this way)
So after the procedure described above, the computer automatically resets the display to the next (service interval) ie. current mileage + 10,000miles? (in Singapore, the display reads in km's).

·
Registered
9 Posts
So after the procedure described above, the computer automatically resets the display to the next (service interval) ie. current mileage + 10,000miles? (in Singapore, the display reads in km's).
After this reset, the computer resets to Service in --- miles and --- days. Once you complete 1000 miles driving, it will show Service in 9000 miles ... days.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Look in your glove box and open up your case that holds your manuals. Included should be one titled maintenance or something like that. page through it and hopfully, if the car has been serviced at proper intervals, you should se the dealer ID with their name in each box. You should see where you are at in the maint schedule and look at each maint item should be done or checked off. Example. Look at the page where maint is required at 55k miles...........

·
Registered
2 Posts
My A4 Avant HAS been serviced less than 2k ago and the "Service Due" indicator has recently come on. Apart from phoning dealer any quick fix?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey can anybody help me with my airbag light staying on? Just bought it with no light and had no acidents-cant spell-do i need a special tool to disconnect the yellow connectors under front seats and how do i get to the main control unit? I'm bound to just pull the dash light 4 it so i can get my state inspection sticker. Help!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Messing with the connectors doesn't really help make the light go away. Make sure they are connected properly and have a service shop reset the Airbag light for you, unless you have a VAG Com, then you can do it yourself. Most shops will charge around $60 to reset the light, so make sure your connectors are tight, or the light will come on again. Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts