Audi Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone my dad is buying my a4 for about 10,500 this spring/summer and i'm looking for a new car, on the top of my list is a 98-2001 S4 biturbo, the only thing thats holding me bac is the maintnence b/c i no the s4's tend to be more expensive, but if anyone has any suggestings or any info on the modding of the car, will be really appreciative. thanx :liebe011:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
if ur in the USA S4s started in 2000 and ended 2002 for the 2.7TT
that car has monsterous potential, i always wanted itu can get almost 400hp easly on that engine

·
Registered
470 Posts
Insurance must be really cheap in the states. An 18 year old could never dream of getting an s4 in the uk. Would never get insured.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha, insurance sucks in n.j. i pay about 5300 for my a4 right now!!!! i've also been in al ittle trouble if u no wat i mean!!! :innocent:

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
for a twin turbo S4, hell yea it is!!!! haha :banana: "i wish i was rich" but i'm also lookin into getting other cars as well, like maybe an 03 sentra spec-v, 02 honda S2000, or maybe a VW gti. any sugestions

·
Registered
470 Posts
Drove an impreza the other day that was quick and sounded cool too. Like the idea of an S4 but i'd want a V8 one!

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was thinking of that, but there isn't as many mods out for the V8 then there is for the 2.7LT V6.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea and a lot of money!!!! hahaha

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
dont get a FWD car, once u got AWD its rear or all and thats it
S2000 should cost more for insurance rite

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^^haha, yea i can deffinitly see your point on that one.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea they'r goregous but they r very very pricy, yes it is my dream car but i came to my sences and i can't really afford a car like that b/c i'm 18, and i don't think a $300 weekly paycheck will cover this car. so it's either i sell my car and get a newer 1.8T or keep my car and do some uprgrades as time goes buy. :banana:

·
Registered
9 Posts
STICK WITH THE A4. I ONLY PAY 90$ PER MONTH FOR MY INSURANCE, FULL COVERAGE ON A 2001. THE HONDAS ARE WAY MORE TO INSURE, BECAUSE THEY ARE AFFORDABLE TO YOUNG KIDS. THE AUDI IS CHEAPER BECAUSE THEY DONT THINK YOU CAN AFFORD IT, PLUS PAY IT OFF THEN SPEND THE MONEY ON MAINTENANCE AND MODS. YOU CAN GET A GARRETT TURBO THAT WILL BOLT ON FOR FARELY CHEAP. THEN DO AN APR STAGE 1 CHIP. YOU SHOULD SEE AROUND 300HP.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well my car is payed off, i payed it off the second week i got it, second i'm 18 and my insurance is like 350 a month, trust me i no lol, and third i have a 2.8L V6 quattro they don't make any bolt on turbo chargers for my car only a supercharger which cost about 5500, and if i had that kind of money i would have had it already. this summer my parents are buying me my cat-bac exhaust, H&R sport springs, and rear window tint for graduation. so i'm looking forward to that, while i purchase the triptonic chip, fuel management, performance chip,and racing pulleys for my car, so i'll have a decent amount of power hopefully around 250h.p but i'm not counting on it. either way i'll still be happy

p.s. has anyone yet to find performance headers for the 2.8L and if i were to get them custom made, how much would u think it would cost? :liebe011:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I cant remember who makes my headers, but they ran me 800 for the pair, ill try to find out where they were ordered from since i got them through my school.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wow that would be great if u can find a pair for the 2.8L V6, i've searched everywhere for them but had no succes

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
alright, sweet thanx a million

1 - 20 of 20 Posts