Audi Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a audi 80 cabrio and i have two problems the first main problem is the seatbealt retraction problem.i pull the seatbelts and and they dont roll back at all...
any ideaas?
and the socond one is that the clock in the intstrument panel does not light but its shows the time please helpppp

·
Registered
74 Posts
is the car fitted with the Procon-ten safety system???or airbags???? if so the the whole safety system will need checking -- so i should imagine that the units will have to be replaced if they are faulty-- get them checked by an audi dealer asap!!!!!

as for the dash board illumination there is another thread on the forum regarding this issue- it may help you

cheers dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont know what percon is it has airbag thow what do you mean replacament?
and the seatbelts its dificult when unclipped to put back in place(roll up).
thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
sky liner-- the seat belt system may be connected to the airbags system-- the system works by when the airbags have been activated there is an electrical system thet automatically retracts the slack from the seat belt by means of an hydraulic cylinder in the event of a collision-- IF your car is fitted with this system i strongly advise you to get advice from audi its not something that should be messed about with if you have no knowledge of the system--- im not trying to put you off just warning of the potential dangers that could occur handling this system if it is fitted to your car

if you have a normal system the springs inside the retractor unit have possibly failed or the belt itself has got twisted and is fouling the mechanism inside

dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont think this is it...because when yoy pull strongly the seatbelt it grabs it fine....
i have noticed the plastick cover at the very base of seatbelt next to rear left window ,its bent inside and when i removed it the seatbelt retracts fine...the oposite whas made in the passenger seat that when you pull the seatbelt and live it to retract makes a clicking noise and retracts it very slowly
thanks for your time

·
Registered
74 Posts
sky liner --- time is no problem mate-- i think you answered your own question there :) καλή τύχη

·
Registered
74 Posts
what i meant to say is good luck, good chance-- my friend is greek cypriot he showed me how to say it thru a translation site- guess it didnt work

1 - 11 of 11 Posts