Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a beaut (translation: deep!) of a scratch in my otherwise still-showroom new 2005 A4. On the driver's side door handle (?!). A detailer got out some - - but not nearly all of it (too deep).

I'm thinking of taking it to a body shop for an estimate - - it will probably need to be sanded / painted, I presume.

Philosophical / attitudinal question - - am I nuts? Worth fixing? Or, should this fall under the header "suck it up, the car is going to get scratches from time to time. . . . "

·
Registered
186 Posts
Unless it freaks you out that much, I'd wait until there there was some more significant damage and then repair. One thing you can be certain of, you will get more dents/scratches in the door! :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by cheesemax@Feb 21 2005, 10:16 AM
Unless it freaks you out that much, I'd wait until there there was some more significant damage and then repair. One thing you can be certain of, you will get more dents/scratches in the door! :)

Thanks for getting back to me and for the good advice. Have just gotten a quote of $50.00 from the (Audi) body shop to repair (sand / paint). I'll have time to think about it during the week, as I would be having this done the same day it goes in for its first oil change. . . . .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got a beaut (translation: deep!) of a scratch in my otherwise still-showroom new 2005 A4. On the driver's side door handle (?!). A detailer got out some - - but not nearly all of it (too deep).

I'm thinking of taking it to a body shop for an estimate - - it will probably need to be sanded / painted, I presume.

Philosophical / attitudinal question - - am I nuts? Worth fixing? Or, should this fall under the header "suck it up, the car is going to get scratches from time to time. . . . "

I have similar deep scratch on the side door and the black paint is scratched thru deep enough to see white underneath. The manual says this will cause blistering and eventual corrotion eventually.Is that true? Is a paint touch up sufficient protection against corrotion?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts