Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a beaut of a scratch (translation - - deep!) on the door handle (?!) of my 2005 A4. Ugh. Took it to a detailer - - he was able to buff out *some*, but not nearly all of it.

Will probably get an estimate from a body shop to repair. The handle will have to be sanded down and painted, I think.

Here's the question (more philosophical / attitudinal than automotive). According to the dealer, the door handle is plastic (?), so will not rust.

Worth fixing for cosmetic reasons? Or should this fall under the "suck it up, your car is going to get it's share of nicks and dings from time to time. . . . "

·
Registered
16 Posts
Being in New England, I would at least wait until after winter. You can never tell if you will get some other nicks that they body shop could fix at the same time. The front of mine has a bunch of small nicks from all the cinders on the road that get kicked up in the winter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Keep me posted on how much they quote you for the door handle; I got a small scratch on my S4 when she closed the garage door.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They charged me the minimum - $50.00. Don't know if, monetarily, that's a lot or a little - - but for my peace of mind (and my wife's, who had to listen to my incessant whining about the scratch), well worth it. . . . . The handle - - like the rest of the car - - now looks like new. Can't tell that anything ever happened.

- - Scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts