Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it is a very major job to retrofit an audi sat nav into a car with the standard size radio slot. Underneath the radio is a dual climate control unit, does this need to be removed or changed to accomodate the larger sat nav unit. Also does the wiring match up?? Or am I wasting my time. I have a navman but the audi unit looks much smarter built into the dash.

Thanks for any help.

Brian

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
my initial thought would be no.. it would be quite hard to put an OEM nav in your car simply because your car has a single din radio and the nav is a double din.

however... since the A3 is with nav it leads me to beleive that you could convert it to a nav system. looking at the interior pictures of the A3 with and without nav, it looks like you'd need to replace many parts on the center console of your car. look at the two attached immages.. with and without nav. it looks like at the very least you'd need a new trim peice to move the ESP/hazard buttons to below the nav system.

seems like a big job, but anything is possible.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, I appreciate the help. I think it is going to be too much work to fit the original nav unit. I will have to install an aftermarket unit I guess.

Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts