Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a bit of advice as my dash on my S8 is playing up!
It's a 98 model and a couple of days ago the digital display in between the rev counter and the speedo stopped lighting up!
When the car is in park it gives me the usual warning to press the footbrake when selaeting gear but when i do so i only get the yellow OK warning at the top of the display,has anyone encountered this problem before?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've seen this problem in other posts. It seems that these displays can go bad and need to be replaced. Ckeck to see if there has been a recall for this

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ruling out the simple things first, is it just the lower half of the display (trip computer part) thats not lighting up? There is an option for switching this on and off by a single press of the trip computer reset button, which is the one on the underside of the wiper stalk. Are you sure you haven't just knocked that by accident?

Of course, if the upper part of the display isn't working either (normally shows the radio station or CD track info) then this will be a seperate issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You were 100% correct a8vip,i must have toutched the computer trip reset button by accident so it's all sorted again! SILLY ME!!!
Thanks for that mate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts