Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to figure out what part of my car was hitting the driveway. A slight incline...The car still has about 1 inch of clear according to third parties looking under the car while I am trying to pull up.

I approach at a 30-35 degree angle to help min the chance of the car hitting the driveway.

However, I still hear a grinding noise from either the left or right side of the car near middle/front. The noise/grinding noise only happens when I go up the driveway and not when I put the car in reverse.....

Now is my car just hitting the driveway? Or is it possible that the all-wheel driveway systems just puts a lot of torque on the outside wheel making the grinding noise?

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
well have you got under the car and looked for marks / sracthes to bumpers, sills etc... ???

get someone to watch as you drive on the driveway

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
might be the metal holder for your skid plate, i had that problem :grin: but uhh, maybe u should give it a look?

·
Registered
12 Posts
i hear the same noise when pullin into certain driveways.i think it doesnt know which wheel to put power to when the suspension is under unusual attitudes.dont worry about it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts