Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever had this one before? Had left the S4 for a few days and when I went to put the bins out on e cold friday morning noticed the brake lights on ?? Eh, how's that work then? Battery drained itself and so wouldn't start.
Audi tech comes out while I'm at work, fixes battery and tells the wife that I've probably left the lights on, knew he'd say that...not going to believe the brake lights come on og their own accord is he?

Anyway, reverse car onto drive so I can see if the lights come on...nothing all evening. Then wake up in the middle of the night, look out and they are on!

Go out to car and hook foot under brake peddle, pull up and they go out, only very small movement mind you.

I guess this is all to do with temperature of the night, drop in hydraulic pressure etc, but surely this would need a negative hydraulic pressure to pull the pedal down?

I'm just keeping an eye on it for now, really don't want to take it into Audi to have them say that there is nothing wrong.

Besides the last time I took it to an Audi dealer, the tech took it for a joy ride...tosser.

Any thoughts??

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
you know what i have the same problems as you rite now but for an A4
it only happens in the cold weather and its very annoying
yea hook my feet on the brake pedal also
i scratched my shoes doin it
i tried adding more brake fluid but that didnt work
i used DOT4 brake fluid
im gonna bleed my brakes and see if that was the reason for this when i have time

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
It sounds to me its just a faulty brake light switch...

when the switch breaks the brake lights stay on all the time for safty reasons... becasue the brake lights work from a permenant live if the connection is breaking down they will come on..

I would suggust getting a second opinion and change the switch..

let us know how you get on.

cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts