Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Not been on here for a while as I sold my A4 a while ago, since then had a TT and a BMW , however, enough of the history. I am looking at a 2006 S4 in sprint blue and although its a thirsty car are there any known issue that I should be aware of, I have tried searching the web but all the guides I can see are in the US and I am not sure if they are relevant.. any help would be appreciated as I need to be quick on this car before I loose it.... also would it be worth asking some one in the locality to see if they can stick the VAGCOM on it .. to see any codes if there are any in there..? I took the car for a short test drive and it drove really well, there was a bit of (what I assume was a bit ) of belt whine, but other than that there was nothing obvious... also I know from my A4 that it is possible to get the car history off the a system some where, is any one able to point me in the right direction for this please..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got no response on here so went and bought it anyway as it was such a nice one, however, maybe I should not have done. I have had the car for a week, found that the front wing has had a repair , a bad one at that so am now looking at a £600 bill to straighten that out, and also the car smokes , only some time mainly when starting from cold, I don't notice it any other time, so have arranged to take the car to MDM in Marlow on Tuesday for them to take a look at it and go over the car to see what else is wrong... don't get me wrong I love the car and it drives OK, on lock the tyres seem to scrabble a little when moving slowly, so it looks like I bough a car that is gonna cost me monies, the dealer knew about the wing but never told me until I called him the afternoon of the day I bought it, he told me "well I was trying to sell it so I am not likely to tell you ", but he has agreed for "his mate" at a local body shop to make good, just wonder if he did the repair in the first place,,, the smoke I feel could be valve stem oil seals, but don't know for sure, got a 3 months warranty on it but by all accounts the warranty company have a really bad reputation.. so we will see, the quicker I get this sorted the better... just gets me going when I traded in a really good BMW that gave me no issues for 2 years for this troubled car... finger crossed

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sadly no experience to relate to your query. Buying second hand you pretty well have to go with the service history and your own nose. I've bought with the help of an auto engineers inspection and still had big problems 3 months down the line.
My cabriolet clutch went a day after the years warranty run out but would the dealer......... Do me a favour or even a deal. No he would not. Epsom Audi by the way.
Bollock him I went elsewhere...........

You don't mention mileage on your car. Is it high.

I still have access to my tuned 2.0TFSI Cab, but I gave it to number one son as a wedding gift.

I took delivery of a year old BMW 353 cabriolet two weeks ago. Heading for the tuning shop in two weeks to have some performance upgrading done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts