Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there,

I'm new to this forum, i'm hoping some on here who's had a similar experience can help.

I've got a 2000 plate S3. In 5th and 6th gears (slightly noticeable in 4th i think) as I get to 3,000 rpm there is a drop off in power at the turbo is spooling up. It's only momentary and picks up again. I was wondering what can be done about it. Suggestions so far have been to run the car on a higher grade fuel (98 RON not 95 RON) as it may be detonating as peak boost is reached.

Also, could someone let me know about getting error codes etc off the car? I only purchased the car 2 months ago so i'm still getting to grips with things.

Please email me if anyone has any suggestions as I won't be able to check the forum for a while!

Many thanks

Rich

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the exact same problem with my 2001 s3, i was told to replace the recirculating dv which i did and still no joy! also tried using 98 ron but still the same. anyone heard of this fault?
thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
you could be right, could it be the actuator at fault? i didn't think it could be because it boosts really strongly until about 4k revs, thing is it doesnt seem anywhere near as powerful after that.

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
If you suspect the actuator might be worth getting it plugged into vag com to see if it reads any faults .

But just thinking again i see your running a chip, do you know if the chip is set to deliver most of the power lower down in rev range ? as with remaps you can have it tailored to your driving style i.e do you want fast off the lights power , mid range or top end ??

·
Registered
4 Posts
it was chipped when i bought it so not relly sure how its been set up.

ive had another person tell me it could be the n75 valve at fault, i'll get it on vag-com and update from there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts