Audi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always considered the brakes on my S3 to be rather spongy, although they did stop you in the end. As my pads were due for replacement I took the opportunity to uprgade to fast road pads as well as braided steel hoses and DOT4 racing fluid.Picked the car up and although I appreciate the pads need bedding in I was expecting a lot better pedal feel which should only get better as the pads bed in.Imagine my shock when the brake pedal almost went to the floor on first application and has bearly improved in the 2 weeks since this installation was completed. I've check the installation and there are no leaks anywhere either.So obviously my question is - whats gone wrong and how can I put it right as the only difference I can feel is that my wallet isn't as thick.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Must be air in the system, bleed the brakes,the best way to get all the air out is a special pump that sucks the air from each bleed nipple, its great & so quick, it gets out all the stubbern air.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Believe it or noth the system has been bled 3 times already and no difference at all. Its off to be bled one last time on Monday - fingers crossed.

Any other ideas as to what could be wrong, does anyone elses brakes feel spongey?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Are you using the electric pump that sucks it out, this gets any air thats causing a problem or are you pumping the pedal to get the air out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi

Yes my brakes are spongy they feel really crap so i'm looking at a 350x32 upgrade to fit in my 18"s not sure 4 pots or 6 pots?? what you think guys.
Have seen some good kits at Compbrake Ltd but just need the funds now.
Has anyone else upgraded there brakes?

·
Registered
328 Posts
audis have to be pressure bled, if the shop bled your brake lines they definitely bled them wrong. Bring your car to a shop and ask to get them pressure bled, that will solve all your problems and your brakes will feel like new.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Also if the system has had major drain down it will need bleeding with the assistance of diagnostic equipment to run the ABS pump in order with pedal assistance and pressure bleeder at no more than 1.5 Bar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts