Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the S-tronic (e.g on my 2008 3.2) is truly a manual gearbox that shifts itself, why does the car creep forward from a stop? This acts like a car with a torque convertor. The Maserati Cambiocorso gearbox is a manual that shifts itself via an electrohydraulic clutch and it doesn't creep at all. You can feel the clutch engaging when you push on the loud pedal.

What gives with the Audi?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In a conventional manual car (with foot clutch), the car won't creep at all as long as the clutch is held fully down. Letting the clutch up slightly so that the car just creeps would be bad for clutch life, so I wouldn't think that Audi would let the twin clutches just slightly engage.

If so, why the creeping?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think the Maserati gearbox goes to Neutral at idle/stops like the Ferrari. With the S-Tronic i have to believe that at a minimum it's at 1st gear even at stop, unless you physically switch the lever to "N". As a result the slight creep. Is that bad? i'm sure it is if left there for a very very long time but i'm sure the Audi engineers set up the system to minimize that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts