Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, a quick question about rust proofing. I have a 2002 a4 1.8t and was wondering if I should do some sort of rustproofing like Krown Rust Control or Rustcheck? My previous car was a 1986 jeep cherokee and I did the Krown Rust Control every year and when I decided to get rid of that car in 2002, there was not a bit of rust on it. We use alot of salt on the roads here in Toronto Cananda. So I am wondering if I should get the Audi sprayed?

any help would be much appreciated

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Audi produces 100% galvanized vehicles to prevent corrosion. Along with other precautionary measures, the thus achieved full-body zinc coating has proved to be very effective in preventing rust and corrosion perforation. The body's resulting durability even surpassed Audi's own expectations, causing the manufacturer to extend its original 10-year warranty against corrosion perforation to currently 12 years.

An all-aluminium car was brought forward by Audi, and in 1994 the Audi A8 was launched, which introduced aluminum space frame technology. Audi introduced a new series of vehicles in the mid-nineties and continues to pursue leading-edge technology and high performance.

Cheers

RicKT

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good to know

Thanks Rick, I wasn't aware of the info that you have given. My only worry was that I tend to hang onto cars for quite some time and it drives me crazy to have even a little rust...and they use so much salt here on Toronto that cars never really last more than 5 before rust sets in. The jeep was 16 years old and driven like crazy during the salt winters here and the body was perfect due to the Krown Rust control. I have been doing alot of reading into various forums w.r.t. rustproofing for the Audi and it seems that nobody is really bothering to do it, so I guess that your info about the protection process must be a good thing.

thanks for your reply....................a

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Best bet is to wash the salt off reguarly,underneath as well with a pressure washer and use a good super resin polish to protect the paint and the car should be rust free for years !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts