Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I,ve got a 2001 A6 4.2 with sport suspension/interior with 50k miles. The engine idles smoothly and runs super strong. There are times, however, when the engine seems to be pulling particularly hard even during braking. It does not seem to want to stop and can pull the car for long stretches at 30 or 40 mph with my foot off the accelerator. If I shift in neutral under this condition, the idle is normal.

I am thinking that the computer is incorrectly keeping the car in a higher gear instead of shifting down or simply coasting. Under this condition I am constantly driving up the back end of the car in front.

The dealer said "it's just the power of the V8 that you feel" which doesn't explain that the car doesn't always act this way.

I'm using 93 octane fuel and the car is well-maintained.

At the moment, the cruise control does't work which may or may not have anything to do with the problem.

Any ideas ?

GerryM

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was not aware of this device. I suppose the sensor tells the computer position of the throttle. If it is messed up, the computer is fooled and the car does not respond properly.

Can you tell me any experience you have had with this sensor and whether resetting the computer also resets the sensor ?

I really appreciate your response and any other information you can offer.

Regards, GerryM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts