Audi Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a rs4 but will receive it in august or september and wanted to know if anyone has got one and what you think about it

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
damn nice car, but for the money i would have stuck with an s4

·
Registered
65 Posts
I thought about waiting until the spring and getting an RS4, but when I heard the RS4 Cab. wasn't coming to the states, and I found an '05 S4 cab...new...with over 10% off the sticker, my decision was made for me.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
all ur buying is the R is the RS4... u really think its worth the extra money?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yea the rs4 is a lot more expensive than the s4 and only about 80bhp more. If i was looking for one i'd wait and get one second hand. Cos you know the depreciation is gonna be huge.

·
Registered
65 Posts
If Audi keeps upping the horsepower war with BMW and Merc, a 420 hp V8 is going to lose its exclusivity, and therefore depreciate quickly. And the RS4 is a very differnt beast than an S4.

·
Registered
470 Posts
There seems to be a lot of horsepower wars going on at the moment. I don't know how it is in the states but in europe its getting stupid everyones doing it.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
the RS4 does come with way way better brakes and nice fender flares, a more agressive and nice kit but its not with the money in my opinion

i love audi but once the V8 M3s comes its gonna kill the S4 easly and also kill the RS4

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
i said it once, and ill say it again... no matter how fast and crazy ur car is, or what a "beast" it is... there is always going to be someone faster and crazier and have a bigger "beast" s4 is a lot cheaper, and u still have power. Not many cars can compete with an s4 but weather u get the rs4 or an s4, there will always be sum1 else with something faster.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
remember audi = luxury cars... one day a peice of **** honda or integra loaded with spray will roll up next to you, and smoke your rs4 or s4 or m3 or m5 and then its just more insult to injury when a 15,000$ USD car just smoked you. You buy luxury to enjoy your drive, not to get to point a to point b as fast as possible; plus how do you expect to pick up the fine ladies when u just ran right buy them at 100mph BUT HEY, ill be more then happy to follow you and pick up the women u passed :)

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
true that there will always be a faster car but hey at least u'll look better

·
Registered
65 Posts
Getting around Nurburgring as quickly as the RS4 does tells me the car is not only fast, but also incredibly well engineered. I've never driven there, but as a track it is supposed to challenge every aspect of a car...acceleration, braking, turning. As far as practicality in the US, the RS4 is totally impractical.

For me, there is a matter of exclusivity in owning certain cars, and it's not simply a matter of spending a lot of money. How many boring silver Porsche 911s have you seen? I've seen a million. My last car (and first Audi) was an '01 S4. Beautiful black with silver mirrors. In the 5 years that I owned it, I never saw another black S4 with silver mirrors. I saw many S4s...few with silver mirrors...not a single black one with silver. I think there were only 500 or so made with the black/silver combo.

There will be even fewer RS4s than S4s imported and therefore that much more exclusive.

Lastly, there is something so nice about working through the gears of a manual tranny. I had a '99 miata that was orgasmic to drive because it was so much fun to shift, it just had no power. All of the reviews on the RS4 mention how great the manual transmission is. I can't wait to try one out.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts