Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can 18" genuine audi Rs4 Style wheels fit onto an A3 1.8 T sport (currently got standard 16" T sport alloys on) anyone got any experience of this, I know a lot of A3 have the replicas on but don't want to go down that route if possible.

I tried a set on but they stuck out from the body work as they were the wrong offset (33mm) do they come in different offsets to enable them to fit? Will there be any problems with rubbing on suspension etc with 18" wheels? Can it be done sometimes i hear YES others times I hear NO!!

Any info on sizing and offsets etc would be great,,

Cheers

:)

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
The genuine oem fit RS4 wheels will not fit the older shape A3 1997-2003 because of the different offset and bolt pattern.. however you can buy replicas off Ebay from various dealers that have been manufactured to fit the A3...

On the newer shape A3 2003 onwards they will fit as they changed the fitment to the same as the A4...

A3= 5 X 100 bolt pattern (1997-2003)
A4 = 5 X 112 bolt pattern

With regards to 18" alloys you should get no problem as long as you get the correct fitment/offset and have heard problems only arrise when 19" are fitted with spacers then required ...

Theres nothing really wrong with the replicas as long as you buy a set manufactured in either Italy or Germany i hear from a wheel dealer i know as the Japanese/Chinese ones are made from an inferior alloy and can crack/buckle and dont balance well with tyres... so you could save a lot of money against the cost of Audi oem which would cost you 4 x as much new !!

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Jenko said:
They are replicas im afraid dont think there is much difference though.
There is a difference !! Take the wheels i have on my A4 for example.. Audi made the originals to fit a TT which has a totally different bolt pattern to the A4 but i bought replicas that look the same but are made by a different alloy wheel manufacturer to what Audi use ....

If i were to ask Audi to supply me the TT wheel to fit the A4 they wouldnt be able to ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts