Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya Everybody!

Has anyone got advice about overideing the roof lock on an Audi cabriolet 1994 plate.

Even though it is in park and the handbrake on,it won't release the Roof?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi
Sounds like you've got the same problem as me. However, to overide the power roof, the engine/ignition must be switched off. Then:
- Release the roof and manually push it back, whilst at the same time lifting the rear window.
- When the roof is in the vertical position lift the little flaps by the seat belt pillars and you'll see a little lever which you lift both sides...this opens the deck hatch
- Lift the deck hatch and fold the roof back into the deck
- Close the hatch making sure that the clips go back into place and lock the little levers down again (if you don't do this you won't be able to open the boot as there's a microswitch in there that overides the central locking in the boot to prevent you opening it without the deck being closed)

In case you didn't know, the hydraulic controls for the roof are in the boot, on the right as you look in under the carpet behind the rear wheel arch.

If you find out how to fix the roof problem, let me know please.

Regards
Adrian

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone know where to source the convertible switch (center console) besides a dealer? Does anyone have a wiring diagram?

Lastly, does anyone know how to get to the driver rear window (not just removing the speaker panel)? The window is off the tracks and I don't know how to get to them.

Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey you Cabriolet guys - I posted this response/info over in another thread regarding not being able to get the Cabriolet top to function properly.

If you haven't already, do check out those wiring harnesses for internal damage.
Trust me, I spent like 20-30 hours tearing apart the center console to get to the switch on the trans tunnel (only to find that wasn't the problem), tearing out the back seat and surrounding trim to follow wiring, and testing out various other ideas on why it wasn't working.
I finally figured out the wires were broken inside the harnesses that bend when the trunk is opened/closed - be sure to check both harnesses (one on each side).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts