Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just registered and thought I would give it a try. I have an A4 1.9TDI SE 2003 model. I was wondering if anyone has changed the speakers in their A4 for better quality drive units. If so did it make any difference/improvments. I want to keep the existing audi head unit and amp.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
i changed my head unit... keep in mind there are a lot of extras u have to do for an aftermarket head unit... specially with gps/navigation... hardest part is running the "orange" illumination wire from behind the guages to the back of the head unit... then u have to buy and extra adapter for the bose (if you have it) I bought a 4 ohm output converter to the speakers... then i ran some a control wire for the amp... and power and grounded my amp in the trunk... some rockford video wire for my head rest screens and trunk screen... I recommend changing the head unit if you know what your doin. Even though its a good unit it still lacks in a few things... and if you get a head unit with navigation, keep in mind you have to buy another set of wires that taps into your speed wire... for u to recieve data

1 - 3 of 3 Posts