Audi Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im looking for rims for my 1999 A4 1.8t..im just wondering what all you all have seen that looks REAL good on an a4..im looking into the zennetti five spoke rim they have, but also with great looks i want a reasonably light rim so i dont loose any power with the change from the stock rims...Any suggestions????

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha..which i dont..those are just the only ones i really like so far...this is such an important dessision..AHH..frustrating

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
i plan on buying the asa five spokes from the tirerack. i've seen the zenetti's and their nice. 2 expensive for me b/c i just dumped 1500 in mods. lol im broke now.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I like the BBS RX style whhel, but it's expensive, so a good alternative is the ASA AR1. At 22.9 lbs it is mid-weight and mid price $189

If you like the RS2 look, then the bargain of the year is the Sport Edition D3 at $106 from tirerack and only 20 lbs.

OZ Superturismo also looks great but are expensive at $250, and lastly, the Audi RS4 DTM wheel is nice too.

All in 17" because of potholes and sticking with a tire that has some sidewall.

VB

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i would like to spend no more than a thousand for wheels and tires and even that is a lil high..just starting college..

·
Registered
470 Posts
Ive got the Asa Ar1's in black an i got all four for the price of one zenetti five (i got a price on those too). Am happy with them only now i want something with a deeper dish he he. If you want to see how they look on check my garage.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Stick with 17" wheels and tires, they are less expensive.

Kumho Ecsta ASX all weather tires 225/45WR17 are only $81 from tirerack, that plus the $106 for the Sport Edition wheels is only $748 - well under your budget for set of four.

Kumho + ASA AR1 = $1080

and actually they have a $40 discount or free sunglasses on the Kumhos right now.

There is nothing cheaper that will give you the performance of these tires. I had a set on my '93 Audi V8 Quattro in 235/45R17.

Pirelli P Zero Nero adds $46 per tire. (it is a better tire)

Even the Avon that tirerack pushes will add $23 per tire.

Summer tire Bridgestone S-03 pole position are $24 more (on closeout)

And the Kumho's are light too. (Avon +3 lbs)

VB

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im looking at the rs4 wheels on ebay..they look just like the asa rims are the asa lighter? i could get all four wheels on ebay for around 500..

·
Registered
195 Posts
Early style RS4? I have not seen an ASA wheel similar. There are several Replica wheel makers that make knockoffs of the early Audi RS4 wheel. Check the manufacturer before you buy from eBay seller and also the shipping cost.

VB

·
Registered
25 Posts
These are for sale in ireland anyone got any pics of these types don't want to shell out to much on wheels! Audi A6 16’ with new perilli Tyres off 2006 A6 will fit A4, passat, €595 Genuine Audi A4 Quatro 16’ alloys with tyres off 2004 A4

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
maherball said:
These are for sale in ireland anyone got any pics of these types don't want to shell out to much on wheels! Audi A6 16’ with new perilli Tyres off 2006 A6 will fit A4, passat, €595 Genuine Audi A4 Quatro 16’ alloys with tyres off 2004 A4
Check out uk ebay maherball and you will find a good set of alloys for your A4 for a good price delivered to your door.

·
Registered
25 Posts
ah 16's aren't too small i'm not into the whole giant wheels thing! I had 16' rs4's on my toledo and the a4 is pretty much the same size as that

·
Registered
72 Posts
I got four 18" HP Design wheels with Falken Tires on Ebay for only $470..... but i think i made a wrong decision, it doesnt look good on my A4 :( thinking of changing too...I love the BBS Rx style too

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
do u have a link to your rims shifting.

·
Registered
50 Posts
if you want to spend under a 1000 then the best thing would be like Enkei or something of that nature they have some very nice wheels.
not the best but you only get the best if you pay for the best you know how that works :)

the Evo 6 is pretty popular in audi cases

or you can go expensive and get HRE 440 R series

made for audi

1 - 19 of 19 Posts