Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2006 Audi 2.7tdi Quattro Avant with colour MMI, but without the obscenely priced (£1850.00) DVD sat nav option.
I recently purchased a genuine Audi unit with the cables and antenna, and took it to my local dealer who promptly informed me that the wiring harness will have to be replaced in order to retro-fit the unit, at a cost too prohibitive to mention.
Somehow I doubt this, as there is a vacant DIN slot with power & diagnostics connection for the DVD unit. The only missing connector is a pair of fiber optic I/O links. Maybe these are hidden somewhere in the harness, or a new pair of fibre optic cables can somehow be routed to the control unit without disturbing the existing wiring array.
Can any one advise on a way of fitting this unit or maybe recommend a fitter that can do the job.
Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
With a little help from a downloaded instruction manual, I managed to fit the unit in about 3 hours without any problems. Fantastic information system. I'll be happy to submit the information to anyone in need of it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Estwick said:
With a little help from a downloaded instruction manual, I managed to fit the unit in about 3 hours without any problems. Fantastic information system. I'll be happy to submit the information to anyone in need of it.
I too have the colour MMI and am looking to retrofit the DVD nav. Any installation notes or places to purchase the necessary parts would be extremely useful in making a decision wether to install myself or seek profesional assistance. Is there any post installation configuration required by the dealer to get this working once installed, or is it pretty much plug and play?

thanks in advance for any assistance you can give.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I obtained the DVD sat nav unit with a 2005 disc from an Ebay auction, then bought the interconnects and antenna for around £50.00 from German eBay member navis-and-more. Just search for that user ID at ebay.co.uk and it's listed in their on-line shop.
I will email the fitting instructions to you, and this should guide you through the install process. The manual does state that the car's MMI system needs to be programmed to accept the unit, but this wasn't so in my case, as the unit fired up first time without any hitches.
My only criticism is the four digit postcode field, but otherwise, fabulous! It even interfaces with the addresses in the contacts list of my phone via bluetooth.

Does anyone know if the 2006 disc accepts full postcode entries?

·
Registered
49 Posts
My 2006 disk only has the 4-digit postcodes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts