Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
97 A4 radio reset

I have a 97 A4 and disconnected the negative wire on battery to clear code. Now radio is in safe mode. I entered code in radio several times with no luck radio still in safe mode. It blinks safe then returns to constant safe like I put in the wrong code. what could be wrong:(

·
Registered
99 Posts
Enter an incorrect code on many of the older radios, and you will need to leave the radio 'on', with the key in the ignition for at least an hour, to be able to enter another code.

Depending on radio type, you may have a limited number of attempts before the radio locks you out (visit to dealer, or someone with the right equipment)

Find your radio model (probably a 'Delta CC' or 'Concert'), and follow the programing instructions here:

Ti Kan: Audi Radios

Delta CC
Ti Kan: Audi Delta CC Radio

Concert
Ti Kan: Audi Concert Radio

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
ini said:
Enter an incorrect code on many of the older radios, and you will need to leave the radio 'on', with the key in the ignition for at least an hour, to be able to enter another code.

Depending on radio type, you may have a limited number of attempts before the radio locks you out (visit to dealer, or someone with the right equipment)

Find your radio model (probably a 'Delta CC' or 'Concert'), and follow the programing instructions here:

Ti Kan: Audi Radios

Delta CC
Ti Kan: Audi Delta CC Radio

Concert
Ti Kan: Audi Concert Radio
Great info ini !!! :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi make sure you have the correct code obviously. then make sure you are using the correct sequence of buttons. like on mine you hold down "rds" and "fm2" buttons together until the radio flashes 1000. then you enter the code by using the radio presets. number 1 enters the first number according to how many times you press it(6 times enters the number 6) then use preset two for the second number and so on. then I have to hold down "rds" and fm2" together again and the radio once again displays safe, but then goes to a frequency. make sure you have the right code, then look in the sound system manual for the correct sequence.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry for bumping such an old thread i just wanted to help anyone who is having this problem. If you don't have the reset code you do NOT have to pay anyone to give it to you. All you do is call Audi themselves not the dealership and they will provide the code for you free of charge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts