Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am sewriously considering the purchase of an A3 TDI Quattro but have one question before hand.

Is it possible to reset the service indicator lights in the new model A3 yourslef or is this a dealer job?

many thanks... Gettingexcited now! :w00t:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2000 audi a3 1.8t.On this car there are 2 buttons on the display,button #2 for resetting the tripmeter and button #1 for setting the clock.Press and hold #2 and turn on the ignition.Service will come up on your display.Release #2 and press #1.The service message clears.This works on my car yours might be different.This procedure was in the user guide.This feature can also be disabled through the obd port with vag-com or something similar.Hope this helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your help. I will give your idea a go and we will see how I get on. If this doesn't work it isn't the end of the world as I will probably be getting a VAG-COM anyway.

Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Originally posted by funny wee man@Mar 12 2006, 08:44 AM
Thank you for your help. I will give your idea a go and we will see how I get on. If this doesn't work it isn't the end of the world as I will probably be getting a VAG-COM anyway.

Thanks.
I have just recently ordered the VAG-COM tool but they are on 'back order' so there may be a long wait in store.

Regards,

dave3dg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts