Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I just bought an A4 2.5 TDI Quatro Sport (Nice Car), I received all the keys including Valet key however one of the remotes is not working, I bought a new battery and attempted to reprogram it following instructions i got from the web.

They tell me to:

1. Put the valet key in the ignition and turn to the on position.
2. Exit car and lock door manually using key not remote.
3. Take remote to be programed, Press one of the buttons and lights will flash once, wait 10 secs and press unlock and doors will unlock.

This is where the problem comes in, When i insert the valet key and lock the doors manually the remote buttons do not operate.

Does anyone know of any other method beside taking the car to Audi that could be used to reprogram the remote.

Also to any other 2.5 owners out there can you tell me what the idle speed of the 2.5 is mine sits at 800 rpm however the engine sounds as if it is reving a bit higher.

Thanks in advance

G.S

·
Registered
144 Posts
Originally posted by gordon109@Oct 25 2005, 09:02 PM
Also to any other 2.5 owners out there can you tell me what the idle speed of the 2.5 is mine sits at 800 rpm however the engine sounds as if it is reving a bit higher.

Thanks in advance

G.S
Hi,

800 rpm is perfect idle speed. I don't think that it's revving higher; the sound of a V6 is different than the 4 cylinder 1.9 TDI.
:thumbsup: Nice engine, anyway. Hope you'll enjoy it! What's your power and torque spec?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick responce that puts my mind at rest, The car is standard 180 BHP 273 Lb torque.

Its fast, Good looking and great on fuel, I Love It.

Cheers

G.S

P.S Im still looking for ideas on the key problem if anyone can help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Try this site http://www.audittcca.com/faq/1045086641. Quote:
"Q: How do I reprogram the remote control?
A: 1. Take the valet key, put it into the ignition and turn the key to the "on" position, just prior to starting the car.
2. Roll down the driver's side window (not required, but a good idea in case there's a problem).
3. Exit the car and close the door.
4. With a second key, physically lock the doors (don't use a remote).
5. Take the first remote to be programmed, press one of the buttons and the lights will flash once. Wait 10 seconds and press the unlock button. The doors should unlock. That first transmitter is now programmed.
6. Lock the door again (physically) with the key, (not the remote).
7. Press one of the buttons twice, the lights will flash twice. Wait 10 seconds and press the unlock button. The doors should unlock. The second transmitter is now programmed.
For a third transmitter press the button 3 times and for a fourth press 4 times."

It's important to remember that for the first remote you need to press once, for the second twice, etc. Any remote can be programmed that way but you cannot have two "first" or "second" remotes.
Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts