Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'am about to buy a 54 reg 2004 A4 130 TDI Quattro avant.

I like my sounds and in my Golf tdi run an alpine Headunit with the direct ipod link. Does the facia in the A4 allow for removal of the audi unit to replace with my aftermarket Alpine unit?

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
it should fit but you may have to buy a adapter plate as the audi factory fitted stereo is sometimes wider than standard size.You may also find that the alpine may knock out the radio channel display on the drivers information panel(DIS)as i installed a pioneer unit on my A3 and had the same problem.I think some kenwood units are compatible with Audi and wont affect the DIS.

·
Registered
151 Posts
you will need an adaptor, buy them on e-bay "connects 2" otherwise you will not get sound from your back speakers!

·
Registered
15 Posts
easy to do?

regarding taking the audi stereo out, i'm thinking about doing this on my a4. is it easy to do? how do i get it out and what tools do i need?

·
Registered
21 Posts
you need some special tools to get it out. my local dealer let me borrow a set when i added the Ipod kit to mine. i just had to drive home with the radio out.

Cheers
Jon

·
Registered
151 Posts
The stereo removal keys are not special,just get some off e-bay or go to any radio shop,takes 1 minute to take out!

·
Registered
239 Posts
vw754 said:
you will need an adaptor, buy them on e-bay "connects 2" otherwise you will not get sound from your back speakers!
since i fitted a JVC HU, i find i have to fade my HU to the rear quite a lot
on a scale of 1-6, its on 3
when i wired the HU in, i didnt buy an adapter, i rewired it to fit
i didnt cut any wires, so its possible to put it back to normal.

i actually bodged the RCA cables for the rears to fit
i should be ashamed, i know

if i buy an adapter, will i be able to have the fade back to normal??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts