Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my rear fog lamp bulbs is burned out. How do you remove the rear interior section to access them? It is a 1999 A-6 Avant. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
remove the plastic peace around the light, and there are a few screws holding the assembly in place. take the assembly out, and replace the bulbs. shouldnt give you a problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by bhb399mm@Nov 30 2004, 04:32 PM
remove the plastic peace around the light, and there are a few screws holding the assembly in place. take the assembly out, and replace the bulbs. shouldnt give you a problem.
The owners manual says you have to remove the interior panel from the rear hatch to access the bulb and it is recommended that the service be performed by your dealer? I am not about to pay $96.00 per hour to have a bulb replaced....There does not appear to be any plastic piece around the light. It is all flush with the rear decklid.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
oh haha... i was talking about the front bulbs... my bad...

1) remove the carpeting housing that is on the inside of the trunk lid (4 screws and 4 'clips')

2) take the emergency triangle out ...there are 2 screws back there - remove these

3) There are two screws inside of the "pull down handle" - remove those.

4) Cover will basicly fall off....

5) can't miss the foglight assembly back there. .

good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
On my 2000 A6 Avant, there's only one rear fog light that works (driver's side of license plate). The passenger side light does NOT come on.
Manual says "car is equipped with one rear foglight, located on the left side of the lid".

So before you try tearing up the trunk lid liner, if that light's working, that's all you get!
If not, good luck loosening those torx screws, I couldn't crack them loose.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
theres only one rear fog light on all audi cars... so drivers behind you don't get them consued with break lights. Theres a mod where you can put a fog light in the right location making a more uniform look.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts