Audi Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a 2006 Audi A6 last weekend. The seller had only 1 key. I called Audi Dealer to find out that a spare key would cost me £210 including VAT. Is there an alternative to buy this from Audi?
I have searched on the internet to find some audi locksmith selling keys which contain a new transponder and can be programmed to work with an audi vehicle, but I can't find anything which matches the part number on my current key (4F0837220R - 868 Mhz). Can someone suggest any alternatives?

· Super Moderator
Audi Audi Audi Porsche porsche porsche ford Chevy Mazda studebaker Toyota
115 Posts
I bought a 2006 Audi A6 last weekend. The seller had only 1 key. I called Audi Dealer to find out that a spare key would cost me £210 including VAT. Is there an alternative to buy this from Audi?
I have searched on the internet to find some audi locksmith selling keys which contain a new transponder and can be programmed to work with an audi vehicle, but I can't find anything which matches the part number on my current key (4F0837220R - 868 Mhz). Can someone suggest any alternatives?
I learned the hard way bought 2 keys off eBay had the local locksmith cut the keys then went to Audi to program them. Total cost 350.00 and the keys are aftermarket. I think I would have been better off just buying an original from Audi to begin with.

· Registered
1 Posts
FWIW, from a Ford dealer, we just bought a used Audi which only came with one key fob. When getting to yes/no, I said we wanted a genuine Audi key fob, programmed by the Audi dealer, included as part of the deal. They balked at first, but I held firm and they put it in writing. It took two weeks to receive the new fob, with the metal key cut to match. The only hitch thus far is the Audi dealer claimed their first service appointment was another month out.

jack vines, who saved $350.

· Registered
3 Posts
Here in the States, our Audi dealership quoted US$700+ for a new FOB including programming. I found a local "auto locksmith" who charged only US$200 with a full guarantee. If your Audi dealer quoted £210 that's really not too bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts