Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to get an additional key and fob for the A4. Can I only get this from a Audi Dealer ? How much do they cost ?

Damian

·
Registered
77 Posts
This is a copy of one of my previous posts, and hi!

New remotes are expensive from the dealer.
Though you can get them off ebay, but make sure you buy the right ones! look inside the back for a code number and make sure you get the same one
I'm surprised you only got one key on a car that new. have you asked the last owner if he has another?
Did you get a plastic tag with it?That has the code the dealer needs to replace a lost one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is not looking good, no I did not get a plastic tag with it. Is that bad ?

I have contacted the middle man who sold it to me and asked them to try and locate the spare key. They did not get one either. I am now starting to understand why the RAC said to get a spare key, should have listened.

Damian

·
Registered
77 Posts
I don't know if the dealer can get a new one without it, sorry. My dealer told me not to lose it!
I think you have to try to get the original back if you can. (can't understand why people hang onto them ?)

·
Registered
19 Posts
The dealer can order a new key from your chassis number.
You have to take in the log book your passport and 2 utility bills before they will do anything though.
Cost me about 150 in all this includes 1/2 an hour labour to have it coded to your car this was for my old car a 98 2.8 Cabriolet with alarm/immobeliser and remote central locking type fob, dont know if the cost is car specific or not!

Danny

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I spoke to the local dealer (20 miles) the other day and he confirmed that. About the same price as well. 21 days turn around, however normally get in 2-3 days.

Oh well there goes all the oney I sold my XBOX for on eBay.

Damian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts