Audi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,

Have a problem wanted to upgrade my central locking system to remote locking, pump part no is 8L0 862 257 G, INI and a few other people advised me that this pump has built in RF receivers. so went and bought a key, 2 button one, dont have part number on me but was correct from other forums suggestions, got new blade cut. and took it to Audi to get it programmed in, they said they could not do it as it was not capable of remote, i did explian the above, but was advised that this is incorrect.

I have now bought the key for £35 and had to pay Audi £10 for doing nothing to the car. are they wrong???

please can someone help as if Audi are incorrect I may just pay them another visit...

thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
Audi also told me that it could not be done, i got the impression that they are not aware that it is possible.

Your central locking pump does have the RF receiver, you just have to use VAG-COM or dealer equipment to alter the central locking code to one that enables 'Keyless Entry'. (see Rosstech website, B5 A4 info)

The decimal code is read by the car as binary, and is just a series of on/off switches for the various locking options, so various numbers can have the exact same result.

For a B5 A4 your base central locking code depends on age (pre98/post98), stereo type, and whether alarm & remote locking are enabled.

You then add or subtract from this number to enable/disable advanced locking features.

My current central locking code is: 12232

Which is for pre98 A4 with Delta stereo, alarm and remote locking + one touch + windows etc on remote.

Courtesy of Rosstech:

35-Central Locks: -- KWP-1281

VAG-COM Works fine (note: pre-'97 A4's may not have this module).
Recode locking options
[Select]
[35 - Cent. Locks]
[Recode - 07]
Enter the coding below
[Do It!]

Write down the existing coding for future reference.

A4 pre-1998 with Delta radio and anti-theft system
Standard Coding: 03468

A4 pre-1998 with Delta radio, anti-theft system and keyless entry
Standard Coding: 12172

A4 1998+ with Concert/Symphony radio and anti-theft system
Standard Coding: 03340

S4, A4 1998+ with Concert/Symphony radio, anti-theft system and keyless entry
Standard Coding: 16140

Add the following options to your coding number:

+64 Windows up, sunroof close, and windows down with remote.
-04 One touch unlock of all 4 doors and trunk
-1024 Remove horn honk when arming
+32 Auto lock/unlock of doors (Doors lock at 15 mph and unlock when key is removed)

So, if you want to have a 1999 A4 with Concert radio and anti-theft system and keyless entry, and you want to add window control with the remote along with auto-lock, then:
add 03340+64+32= 03436

The basecode decoder is handy for generating the correct code for your central locking:

http://www.kevin-st.co.uk/tt/BaseCode/Basecode.zip

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats wah i was hoping, thanks INI, can i ask, think I am going to nvest in vag com, there is a ross tech one and another one called OBDtool, do you think you need the full ross tech stuff as very expensive???? thanks

nathan

·
Registered
99 Posts
I altered my central locking module with the 'free' trial version of VAG-COM, it still lets you have basic functionality, but no advanced functions.

I think it was version 311.2.

All you need is the cable, around $8 on ebay.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, today i tried to help a guy with an late 1998 Audi A4, 1.6L.
In Vag-Com, i chose [35 - Cent. Locks], and was able to see that it's coding was 00000.

According to this site: dk.openobd.org - audi - A4 (8D) ,
i tried to recode to 08192 , which is activating the remote lock operations, but it would't change, came back to 00000.
I tried several values, only 00032 was accepted...
What am i doing wrong, and is 00000 a normal coding?
This car doesn't have any Blaupunkt cd player, but a Piooner one...so no original cd player from Audi...

Thanks a lot in advance :)

I altered my central locking module with the 'free' trial version of VAG-COM, it still lets you have basic functionality, but no advanced functions.

I think it was version 311.2.

All you need is the cable, around $8 on ebay.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I think the site is getting B6 chassis info mixed up with the B5.

Those numbers are not for an 98 A4.

Use the basic rosstech 'module 35 Central locking' numbers for setting up the cars locking options.

Ross-Tech: VAG-COM: Audi B5 VAG-COM Info

This is my cars vagcom DTC output for central locking (after the alarm went off):

Address 35 -------------------------------------------------------
Controller: 8L0 862 257 G
Component: ZV-Pumpe, DWA, Funk D05
Coding: 12232
Shop #: WSC 06325
1 Fault Found:
01374 - Alarm triggered by Terminal 15
35-00 - -

·
Registered
2 Posts
OK... thank you very much for reply :)

But you know, the original coding in this car. 99mod, is 00000, and i just to want ENABLE the remote controller(RF) function on this central locking system.
This particular car comes with only front side el-windows(rear windows are manual).
The plan is to enable remote locking function, and then to buy a remote fob and program it.

But on rosstech , there is no coding help to actually ENABLE the remote RF system, which i hear is diabled from the factory...

Hi, today i tried to help a guy with an late 1998 Audi A4, 1.6L.
In Vag-Com, i chose [35 - Cent. Locks], and was able to see that it's coding was 00000.

According to this site: dk.openobd.org - audi - A4 (8D) ,
i tried to recode to 08192 , which is activating the remote lock operations, but it would't change, came back to 00000.
I tried several values, only 00032 was accepted...
What am i doing wrong, and is 00000 a normal coding?
This car doesn't have any Blaupunkt cd player, but a Piooner one...so no original cd player from Audi...

Thanks a lot in advance :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
The later B5 cars may use module 46 - 'Central Convenience' instead of module 35- 'Central Locks'.

Just use the same codes as you would for B5 'central locks' module.

You let the car know that remote locking is enabled by altering the basecode, just like on the Rosstech site, for example:

on my 97 B5 Audi A4 with DeltaCC radio:

Basecode 03468 = Alarm (no remote)

Basecode 12172 = Remote locking + alarm

Then add/remove the options you require.

The B6 chassis cars have a fully electronic system, with different much more complex coding.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gentlemen please assist can this "G"pump above work on 8D0862257
My ingested water and I'm about to buy that 8L....G one. I have a 3 bottom FOB with boot bottom.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts