Audi Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, I have a '03 A4, when I unlock the doors by pressing the unlock button on the keyfob I sometimes observe that some doors do not open so I have to pressing the button a second time, does anyone know why? Is the locking mechanism aging? My key fob also has a button to unlock the boot but has never worked but before I go out and invest/buy in a new key, what exactly does this button do? When operated does the boot literally opens itself? Many thanks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
What I've found with the boot release button is you have to hold the button down for a few seconds to get it to release the boot. Not sure if this is right but it's how mine works.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it now works, thanks. I never knew I had to hold the button down to operate the boot. Manual does not say either.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No. The door still does not open sometimes it's not a big deal because I can simply operate the button again. The answer relating to the boot saves me some money though (i.e cost of another key)

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's suppose to do that, you press once, it opens the driver's door, press it again it opens the rest of the doors, if you want it to open all the doors by pressing just once you need to reprogram it with a VAG-COM or go to the dealership if you don't have a VAG-COM.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It seems to me that the operation is inconsistent. Though when I press once it opens all the doors most of the time, this is contrary to what B6DAN have described. I know this for a fact because I usually go out with my wife and I only press the button once to allow my wife and myself into the car, only sometimes have I found that I or my wife can't open the door.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My manual states clearly that you press once for driver's door, twice within 5 seconds for all doors, and the middle button for one second to pop the trunk. You can also open the trunk with the outside handle if all doors have been unlocked. Also, unlocking just the driver's door doesn't unlock the trunk or fuel fill door.

·
Registered
224 Posts
rdawodu said:
It seems to me that the operation is inconsistent. Though when I press once it opens all the doors most of the time, this is contrary to what B6DAN have described. I know this for a fact because I usually go out with my wife and I only press the button once to allow my wife and myself into the car, only sometimes have I found that I or my wife can't open the door.
fx/on <points waved finger at your wifey> fx/off ;)

That then sounds like she is holding the door handle, trying to open it, BEFORE you have had chance to unlock it. Tell her not to touch the door handle at all, until you have unlocked AND opened the drivers door. I get the same problem with my SWMBO, bless her.;)

HTH, Rgds

·
Registered
224 Posts
speary said:
Try re synchronising the key with the car
Instructions in the manual and also elsewhere on this forum
I thought the remote only needed synchronising only when it stopped responding completely. The OP doesn't seem to have a problem with the remote, just the varying number of doors which unlock!

Rgds

·
Registered
224 Posts
speary said:
As it only takes a few seconds to do its probably worth a try:)
Oh, agreed, the OP has nothing to loose, I just think the issue is unrelated to the "remote" part, and has more to do with either "user error" ;) , or maybe a prob with the convenience module.

Rgds

1 - 14 of 14 Posts