Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i have an '93 audio quattro 100 and have a question about the remote key opener. it is a single button type and only used to open/close the doors.

the batteries inside the key have died and i went to replace them and found the inside slots a bit confusing.

one pair of diagonal battery slots are different and marked + and -, that's straight forward. but the other diagonal set are identical with no markings. does that means they should both be the same pole and if so should they both be positive or negative. thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,I just joined this forum yesterday(11/11/05)and I am not sure if you did get a response on this,so I thought this may help.The other diagonal set should be opposing poles;that is just like the ones with the markings.I will try not to confuse you and hope this makes sense;with the metal part of the key facing away from you,and facing up,the positives(+)should be the further ones away from you or nearer to the metal part of the key that is inserted to ignition/door and the negative poles(-) closest to you: + +
- -
I hope this helps.I assume you have the manual and know how to program the memory using the spare key in the ignition.
Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts