Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My wife has an Audi A3 2.0tdi Sport. When we bought the car it only had one remote key fob. Unfortunately my wife managed to drop this, or should I say throw it on the ground and it no longer operates the remote central locking. We can still use the key to physically unlock the car and so long as we get the key in the ignition quickly it starts and the alarm doesn't go off. However we would like to have remote central locking again.
I have bought two brand new Audi key fobs off Ebay, but even though I followed the instructions in the Audi manual neither of them work. I understand that I will have to take the key fobs and the car to Audi to get the new key fob transponders coded to match the immobiliser in the car, but please how do I get the remote central locking to work? Hope someone can help. John :57:

·
Registered
8 Posts
some audi keys can be seperated you will have just the key and the other part will be the remote transmitter for central locking. If you have the immbolizer you will have to take the vehicle in. Now for the central locking system there should be a way you can do that just check the internet i believe you still must have two keys to due it you self. If you only have one you should just take into the dealer

·
Registered
18 Posts
A guy I work with has an A6 and he bought a blank from Ebay and took it to Chester Audi Uk and they refused to program it but offered to sell him a new one for £160 + the time/cost of the programming.
I think they keep a horse called 'Black Bess'!!!
Check with your local Audi dealer before U buy from Ebay.

Regards,

dave3dg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts