Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a Jetta GL 2.0 (1997) with about 105K miles. Recently the head gasket started to leak so I pulled the head and had it completely rebuilt, then replaced the head gasket and put it all back together. The car cranked up and ran GREAT - but - There is a little bit of a stutter at low rpms when you first take off or shift gears (it is a 5 Speed) and it feels just a little sluggish. It is also getting 25% to 30% less MPG than before. The plugs are new and correctly gapped, the Rotor button is new, Distributor cap is new, Timing is set correctly - and Triple checked. Any one have an idea of what to look for or where to start with trouble shooting?

thanks!
Steve
slucent at hotmail dot com

·
Supporting Vendor
48 Posts
Solving Problem

We have a certified technician on duty if you want to give a call and explained to him what you've changed already and the problem you are having. He'll most likely be able to let you know what you need to do to solve the problem. We also have a lot of parts for Audi/VW that may help you at FCP Groton – Discount Car Parts & Auto Parts- Low Prices | Free Shipping

Best of Luck!

For tech advice call: 1-877-634-0063

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
I would say something has not been put back correctley I would recheck every thing and make sure the cam belt is correctly fitted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts