Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The throttle on my 1999 A6 2.8Q stuck a couple of times the other day when the temperature was about 5-10 degrees. I've heard there is a recall on this specific model and problem if the car is registered in one of 29 states that have the coldest climates in the US. Has anyone had this problem and found out if there is a recall? Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi
had the same problem on my car. i would be driving on the highway around 65-70, the temp outside around 15-17 degrees F, and the car was driven for 15-20 mins, so it was warmed up. let off the gas and ho ho ho the car keeps going faster. press on brake bring car to halt rpm stuck at 3000 rpm. turn car off wait 5-10 mins. start back up no problem. happened 5-6 times in 3 years. the recall replaced the throttle body with supposedly one that pumps radiator fluid on or through it to warm it up, like most airplanes have. After the recall i havent had a problem yet!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
drive by cable, i guess this was a problem back in the day
u can always call the dealer to ask for recalls

·
Registered
34 Posts
There is a recall on certain 99 models for that issue, its called the JB recall...they replace the throttle body with coolant ports that flow coolant through the throttle body, instead of the old style where they just used a heat absorbing material on a piece of metal connected to coolant hoses that rests against the bottom of the throttle body. This applies to drive by cable, not drive by wire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts