Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Thank you for taking the time to look at my post. I currently drive the most amazing car in my opinion, a 1997 A3. At the moment, when I want to use my rear washer, the wipe works absolutely fine, and you can hear the motor driving the water pump so that appears to be working as well, however there is no water coming out of the jet.

I have tried cleaning the nozzle with some fuse wire, but thinking about this, the water filler in the boot has a filter, so I didn’t think it would be due to that. What my concern is, is that if I have tried to use the washer, and then at some point afterwards open my boot, water will leak from between the metal boot and the plastic interior.

I’m thinking that it is probably the hose that has been disconnected or broken in some way, so I was wondering if someone could post me ***** proof instructions on how to take the panel of so I can check this and hopefully fix it.

Thank you so much in advance if you can help, I really don’t want to pay those guys at the dealership extortionate amounts for what is hopefully an hour job or so.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had a similar problem with my S3.

Thought I could help until you mentioned water dripping from between the hatch/trim. Didn't have that problem when my wash packed up.

For what it's worth, I sourced the fault to above the front nearside wheelarch. Noticed water dripping from here, as the hose above the wheel arch had worked loose. Was just a case of reconnecting it.

I have absolutely no idea how to remove the trim and I've been warned never to try and DIY the headlining myself!

Hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I had a similar problem with my S3. Basically, the pipe had come away from the washer jet and the boot interior was being sprayed with water when I activated the rear wash/wipe.

I had a word with my local Audi dealer and they told me how to remove the boot panel:-

You need to remove the two screws that are located on the handle you use to close the boot. Then pull hard on the handle (be brave for this) until a couple of the clips pop out. You should then be able to get your hands around the edges and work the other clips free. NB It makes a hell of a noise as if something is breaking, but don't worry as the clips are pretty tight! Re-attach the pipe and dry the sound proof wadding and the back of the panel as much as you can with a towel. To replace the panel, line up the clips and push hard to re-engage. Work your way around the panel until all the clips are engaged. Job done.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx mate,

i decided to have a go yesterday as i didnt want to take it to an audi dealers for them to charge me something like a hundred quid for them to re-connect the pipe hehe. I did however manage to snap the plastic, but that only cost me £20 from a breakers yard, so overall was quite happy.

Was a simple case of just re-connecting the pipe as you thought it might be. I can now see out of the back window, always handy when ( cough cough) sticking to 70 on the motorway

Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I have just bought a 1.9tdI with the same problem!!

Was going to take it apart at the weekendand see if i can sort it.

Will let you know how i get on!

Rob

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Rob,

good luck if you havnt done it already. The only thing i can think of that might make a difference is if you do it in a warm place so the plastic is less prone so snapping. Failing that, as i mentioned earlier, the replacement piece of plastic was £20 from a breakers yard which is still cheaper than the £104 audi dealers charge per hour, and im sure they would charge you an hours work for it!!!!

Good luck

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts