Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: what could be the possible cause of the rear end hopping around...i have brand new front tires, rears are proabaly half way gone.....would this really cause the rear to hop around...pretty noticeable , almost scary...its a quattro btw

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi

I think I may be getting the same thing as you as well. Mine is a 2003 quattro. I just fitted 4 x brand new Goodyear F1 tyres. I mainly find that on right hand bends when accelerating it feels like the rear wheels have driven over a stone in the road or something like that.

A VAG master tech is going to take a look at mine on saturday for me. I was thinking of getting the 4 wheel alignment done. I have been told that on the Quattros there is more adjustment for the rear wheels when they do the alignment check.

I have only just bought the car from a fairly decent garage so I will be expecting them to sort it out if it's part of the suspension thats worn or failed. I will let you know how I get on on saturday.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx for the feed

im purchasing the rear tires today..ill inquire about a total car alignment, feels like something might be loose in the rear...but soon as i find soemthing ill be sure to let u know

·
Registered
33 Posts
OK cool, let me know how you get on. My only concern is that it's a diff problem. Maybe if the previous owner of my car was neglecting the tryes it could have worn the diff out prematurely. It's done about 55k miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts