Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I have a problem with the rear left light connection. Whenever i turn my lights on i get a warning light come up telling me a bulb isnt working. And when i look at the rear of the car the left side light is not working, but all i have to do is give the light a little tap and the light will come on and the warning light goes out! But the same thing happens the next time i turn my lights on!

I heard that this is a common problem with a3 8l, mk4 golfs etc.

Does anybody know a solution to this problem?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I used to own a 99 B5 and the same thing would happen, only it was my right front signal lamp, and instead of the fancy warning, I would get the steady-fast turning signal on the cluster; not a burnt bulb, just bad contact. I solved the problem by re-soldering the terminal/light plug and the problem was solved. I went ahead and re-did pretty much all light connections, in the process found out that the rear ones had some corrosion process initiated.
I hope this will solve your problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've had the same problem when i replaced my front headlights from version '98 to version '00.And the problem was that the connectors werwn't good.I mean all you have to do is to take some pincers and get the connectors closer to each other so they stick to the light little harder so they don't move.I hope you understood what i said.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The same thing happened to me. Just giving the light a little tap worked, but then it happened again. Thanks for the info about how to fix this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
...no problem...tapping worked for me too,but that was just a temporary solution because the problem was still there when you get to some bump on the road and the connectors moved..... :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
iv had the same problem with the same light m8 take the light fixture out that you attach the bulbs into and disconnect the small socket that powers the whole back light and clean the socket (simply by blowing all the dust and dirt out both connections, Should work of not you maybe have a faulty wire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts