Audi Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i open my back doors the rear interior lights don't come on.
But when i use the remote to unlock the car or open the front doors they work fine.
Also if i unlock the car then open the back doors and leave them open after a while the car locks itself.
But if i do the same with the front doors it doesn't lock itself.
I know the car is suppose lock if you don't open the doors after so long.
But it's like it doesn't know the back doors have been opened.
I know it could be the light switch in the door.
But both doors is strange.
Has anyone else had this problem??

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
I know you said the light switch.... both doors does seem strange... are you sure the switch it self is not staying pushed in when the door is opened??

Cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All i know is that the red lights in the rear doors come on when there opened and it says there open on the dis on the dash.The rear interior lights work when you want to use them for reading etc

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can anyone tell me if there back interior lights come on when you just open the back doors.(On the B6 A4)
With the ignition on my driver display shows the doors are open when they are open.
But the back door that is open flashes on the display.
It didn't flash on my old B5 A4.
As i don't know anyone with a B6 i didn't know if it was suppose to flash.
The front doors don't flash on the display when there open.
In the manual it says that the bonnet and boot(trunk and hood) shold flash on the display when open,But nothing about the back doors :(

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Right...

When the engine is on if you open any door, tunk/boot and bonnet lid these all flash as open if they are.

eg... if you open the drivers door only the display only shows the drives door open..

In regards to the rear lights, these are reading lights ONLY. if the front light switch is set to the middle when you open the doors the front light comes on ONLY and goes off once you get out and lock the doors.
The rear lights DO NOT come on and cant be set to come on (as standard)

so... when you open your rear door you should expect the front center light to come on only.

IN REGARDS to the doors issues...

can you confirm that when the car is running and you open the drivers door or front passenger door the "DISPLAY" stays on the outside Temp / miles in tank and does not go onto the open door screen???

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Rick
I've tryed opening the back doors without ignition on and the only lights that come on are the red ones on the trim of the door.This is the same with engine running.
Also when the ignition is on and car is running.
The dis display shows the picture of the car when the doors are open.
But only the back doors/boot and bonnet flash when open.The front doors show they are open but don't flash.
When all the doors are shut it goes back to outside temp and fuel mileage.
:w00t:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Rick
But you said that when you opened the back doors your front interior light came on mine doesn't.
So i think there may be a fault somewhere

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
HIYA....

SORRY>......

I have just opened my rear door this morning and when i open the door the front light and the rear light comes on!...

the other day when i tried it must of been so light i didnt see it on!.

so it looks as if you have a fault some where...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts