Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 1988 Audi 80, everytime I turn the rear foglight on, the fuse blows, has anyone had this problem or have a wiring diagram they could email me?

·
Registered
28 Posts
No clue on it blowing, but when i first bought my 1988 audi 90 i thought one of the rears was blown out, took the assembly apart and there is only supposed to be one. You might wanna take your 80 to a mechanic if you are not proficient in wiring.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It may be something as simple as a short in the wiring, or a bulb that's of an incorrect wattage and is drawing too much current. I'm guessing that it shouldn't be anymore than 50-60 watts, but I'm not entirely sure as the Australian model doesn't come with a rear fog light.

One very quick and simple test you might like to try - if you have access to a multimeter - is to take the bulb out, set a multimeter to measure resistance (ohms), and then touch a probe each to the two contacts for the bulb. If you get a reading of 0, then you probably have a short somewhere in the wiring.

Requested wiring diagram is attached.

Front and rear fog lights diagram.jpg

Ben

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i found the problem. I put a fresh fuse in the fuseblock, turned on the rear foglight and it stayed on for awhile. Then as soon as i shut the trunk the fuse popped. This explains why my dash light fuse has also be blowing on me. I soldered in all new wires in the harness and now it works perfect, and the lights in the rear shine brighter than ever.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts