Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night some b*stard broke into my car, they've punched the drivers door lock through and the boot lock.

i now want to de-lock the front door, can i use a drivers side rear door handle to do this?

also, what would be the best method to de-lock the boot?

Cheers

John

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
sorry to hear about the inicdent....

i just looked on mine and the hannles are simlier.. i dont know if the same,....

The eastest way... like a mate did of mine.. was to remove the door lock barrel, insert some metal gorz, securing insrt it make a flatform inside the barrel, then using a max of 5mm filler, filled it and smooth, respary and de locked using the same handle...

thats one option.... not the best but works and look good..

Rickt

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i've managed to do it! the handles arent quite the same and some modding had to be done where the drivers door lock used to be so the handle sits flush on the outside. I now have another problem i left the drivers inner door panel off overnight and now none of the electrics work, no windows, mirrors anything the switches don't even light up when i turn my headlights on, yet the window will go up/down when using the key also i don't think the alarm is working and the led doesn't flash?

anyone have any ideas on how to fix the problem??????

i have checked all the connections and i can't see any problems????

1 - 3 of 3 Posts