Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there...

The other day the DIS advised me a had another bulb out... (brake lights and rear tail light...)

So i went to the local Auto store and glooked through their book on bulbs... It advised 380 for the rear tail and stop.. (didnt list any more)

After getting home a realised these where double filament, so ok for the tail.brake light but not for the addtional tail light.. so off back to the shop and got a 245 5w and fitted ok...

to cut a long story short.... when i opended the rear cluster i had a bulb missing in the REAR FOG light connector on the left.. (RIGHT HAND DRIVE CAR) .. the fog on the right works perfect... put a bulb in and it didnt work..

I got my meter out and tested if any power was going to the left fog and no power was...

I guess just one fog light is enabled on the A4 (on the drivers side) so other motorist can tell its a fog rather than brake,,,,,

Can anyone confirm this theory??

Thanks

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
rick ur rite
u only have one rear fog light becasue they dont want people to mistaken the two rear fog lights a brake lights

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
yea i got pulled over for using that setting "Brake light is out" but nahhhhhhhhh eff that i was all its german **** and kept on trucking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts