Audi Forums banner

really low MPG on my Audi A3 1.8T

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Pete@ecstuning 
#1 ·
Hi,

Sitting here with my fingers crossed hoping someone will help me out, seeing on my last post i had the help from all of 0 people :(

i am new to Audi's so i apologise for what may appear as remedial questions.

The answer to my last post was in fact new spark plugs and a new coil on cylinder 3. £120 and now it works, although the management light has this morning come back on and its static

Anyway, can someone help me out with the fuel consumption please? mine is ave 25.8 MPG and its canning petrol, im sure Audi's aren't that hard on petrol, is there something i need to check out. im not ragging it and driving with care. it's an A3 1.8T (which im sure the T part is making it thirsty)

will appreciate any feedback from you guys on an Audi forum

thanks in advance.

#3 ·
You said your engine light was on - get that checked out first. Having your codes checked will give you a good indication of what the problem is. Is this a new problem, or have you always had this sort of fuel economy? In other news, you can check out what other A3 drivers are averaging at fueleconomy.gov. Click "View Estimates from Drivers Like You" and see how your economy compares to other drivers. Perhaps your average is not so unusal. I am guessing your MPG is Imperial MPG, which converts to 21.5 MPG US. That is on the lower end of the normal range (depending on driving habits) for your vehicle. As weather cools off, you should expect slightly worse fuel economy anyhow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.